Hi,

On 11/09/2016 10:22 AM, Fitchett, Deborah wrote:
So from some more poking and re-rereading the documentation, I *think* the situation is that the embargo.field.terms functionality is only used in the pre-DSpace 3.0 embargo model – does this sound right to others?

Yes that's right.

If this is the case then I need to follow up with Symplectic Elements to see if they’ll upgrade their embargo interface to let users submit a date instead of a term, and in the meantime either do something fancy with the crosswalks, or get our repository staff to apply the desired embargo date manually in workflow.

We have very customised embargo functionality, so I'm not too sure on DSpace default behaviour. But I think you will need to use the 'manual in workflow' option since (IIRC) metadata-based embargoes don't work at all in the new model. Embargoes now use the authorisation policies.

cheers,
Andrea

--
Dr Andrea Schweer
Lead Software Developer, ITS Information Systems