The Shibboleth issue is still open.  I suspect that you are running into
the same issue with LDAP.

It would be good to know if anyone on the list can confirm that REST/LDAP
authentication works in DSpace 6.

Terry

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Devaux Cédric <cedric.dev...@insee.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use LDAP Authentication with Rest and there is a problem.
> The LDAP authentication ( /login ) seems OK  : response 200 and in
> dspace.log :
> *2016-12-21 11:09:52,551 INFO org.dspace.authenticate.LDAPAuthentication @
> *@*.*::authenticate:type=ldap*
> *2016-12-21 11:09:52,551 INFO org.dspace.eperson.EPersonServiceImpl @
> *@*.*::update_eperson:eperson_id=39...*
>
> But when I check the authentication (/status) with the JSESSIONID from the
> /login response, "authenticated" is false :
> *<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
> standalone="yes"?><status><apiVersion>6</apiVersion><authenticated>false</authenticated><okay>true</okay><sourceVersion>6.0</sourceVersion></status>*
>
> It's OK with Password Authentication with Rest (but the response to
> /status request is different, without apiVersion and sourceVersion  :
> *<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
> )*
>
> I'd like to know if someone has ever successfully used LDAP authentication
> in Rest Api or if it's a bug like with Shibboleth Authentication (
> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2898 , https://jira.duraspace.org/
> browse/DS-3108 ) ?
>
> Regards,
> Cedric

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)