Evgeni,

The default behavior of the facets and filters will not accomplish your
goal.

There is a feature called a Hierarchical Sidebar Facet that might help.  I
have not used this feature, so I do not know if it will help with your
issue.

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Discovery#Discovery-Hierarchical(taxonomiesbased)sidebarfacets

I believe we attempted something like what you are trying to accomplish.
We settled for what we could achieve with the default facet options.

In our repository, we have a community of MOOC courses.  It is faceted by
course name.  Each course lives in a separate collection.  (Since each
course it distinct, it made sense to place each one in its own collection.)

https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/710899

If you navigate to a collection, the collection content is faceted by week
of the course.

https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/712963

Unfortunately, if you follow the course facet, you do not see the week
facet because you are still at the community level.

https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/710899/discover?filtertype=gu-course&filter_relational_operator=equals&filter=Genomic+Medicine+Gets+Personal-GeorgetownX-MEDX202-01

Terry

425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)