Thank you, Claudia,

You are right - I found the following in our "input-forms.xml":

  <field>
         <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
         <dc-element>type-fr</dc-element>
         <dc-qualifier></dc-qualifier>
         <repeatable>true</repeatable>
         <label>Type</label>
         <input-type value-pairs-name="common_types">dropdown</input-type>
         <hint>Select the type(s) of content of the item. To select more
than one value in the list, you may have to hold down the "CTRL" or "Shift"
key.</hint>
         <required></required>
          </field>

It was my colleague who handled the metadata, but he left, so I wonder
whether I can remove this field or do something else?

Cheers,
Stan