Hi Nico, it's hard to diagnose this problem exactly... although the problem
seems to be that you're getting back a null Hibernate session for the
context, I'd say your postgres database connections should be OK since your
ant fresh_install finished successfully, which includes lots of db writes
and checks, so I think the problem area could be the way the
webapps/context are deployed in Tomcat and/or their references to
dspace.home or dspace.config.

Could you share some more information such as
- which log is this exception from?
- how is Tomcat is configured to point to the xmlui and solr webapps?
- are there any other deployment / startup errors or warnings in your raw
catalina logs?

Cheers

Kim