Try getting rid of the   in the otherwise statement.

It is possible that is getting triggered by trailing space in your metadata.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM, David Brian Holt <holt9...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, I'm making some progress on this.  I used a closed <p> tag rather than
> new line.
>
> Here is what I have right now:
>>

> <xsl:template name="itemSummaryView-DIM-description">
>         <xsl:if test="dim:field[@element='description']">
> item-page-field-wrapper table">
>                  <h5><i18n:text>xmlui.dri2xhtml.METS-1.0.item-
> description</i18n:text></h5>
>                     <xsl:for-each select="dim:field[@element='
> description'][not(@qualifier)]">
>                         <xsl:choose>
>                             <xsl:when test="contains(., '&#xa;')">
>                                    <xsl:value-of
> select="substring-before(., '&#xa;')"/>
>                                    <xsl:value-of
> select="substring-after(., '&#xa;')"/>
>                             </xsl:when>
>                             <xsl:when test="node()">
>                                    <xsl:copy-of select="node()"/>
>
>                             </xsl:when>
>                             <xsl:otherwise>
>                                 <xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:text>
>                             </xsl:otherwise>
>                         </xsl:choose>
>                     </xsl:for-each>
>         </xsl:if>
>     </xsl:template>
>
> And this is what it produces:
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bCxhLpqv9AM/WKOSIWkPcGI/AAAAAAAAo-s/Ox7awP2AP9UaEtTAwniTeJ52fYndMETiACLcB/s1600/Extra%2BSpace.png>

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
<https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code>
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)