On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Chris Gray <cpgra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That clears some of this up for me.  I'm still a little mystified by what
> you say about backing up the Solr authority index.  I know that Solr
> indexes are just files.  I'll have to learn how to back up and restore of
> Solr indexes.

Yes, you can back up the index files. To be 100% safe, you shouldn't do
that while Solr is running.

Another way is CSV exports of Solr (--index-name authority):

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/SOLR+Statistics+Maintenance#
SOLRStatisticsMaintenance-ExportSOLRstatistics,
forbackupandmovingtoanotherserver

When you say you can deduplicate with CSV export, do you mean a CSV export
> from Solr?  How would you get the CSV back in to Solr?  Again my ignorance
> of Solr may be showing.
>
> As I understand the DSpace metadata export and import via CSV, there is no
> provision for specifying authority values.  That would be an "unattended"
> submission, which then has to be corrected via metadata editing in the UI.
> Metadata editing in the UI is the only method I've been able to find for
> deduplicating authors.

In this case, I meant Batch Metadata Editing which does allow you to
specify authority keys for authors:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/ORCID+
Integration#ORCIDIntegration-EditingexistingitemsusingBatchCSVEditing

Regards,
~~helix84