actually looking at the doProcessing method in InitialQuestionsStep, you probably need
context.commit();

return STATUS_COMPLETE; // no errors!

at the end of the doProcessing method too

On 08/09/2017 06:22 PM, Andrea Schweer wrote:
Hi,

I think it's as easy as this (5.x code, you may need to adjust for 6.x):
public class SubmitterAsAuthor extends AbstractProcessingStep {
    @Override
    public int doProcessing(Context context, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, SubmissionInfo subInfo) throws ServletException, IOException, SQLException, AuthorizeException {
        EPerson submitter = context.getCurrentUser();
        String name = submitter.getLastName() + ", " + submitter.getFirstName();
        Item item = subInfo.getSubmissionItem().getItem();
        item.addMetadata("dc", "contributor", "author", null, name);
        item.update();
    }

    @Override
    public int getNumberOfPages(HttpServletRequest request, SubmissionInfo subInfo) throws ServletException {
        return 1;
    }
}

But no promises that will work!