Hi,

I have set up ip authentication using apache as a proxy front end for
tomcat. The log is seeing the ip address, so it is being correctly passed
through from apache to tomcat, and correctly read by dspace.  But it is not
logging me in to the group.  My question is, how do I log in?  If I have ip
authentication stacked with password authentication, when I click the login
button in the top menu on the jspui, I go to the password login page.  If I
remove password login from the list in authentication.cfg and have only ip
authentication, then when I click the login button I get a page with no
form elements at all, nothing.  And, as I said, I am not being logged in to
the group automatically.

Thanks for any hints or tips!

Best regards,
Paul

dspace 6.1 on Suse 12.2, tomcat 8 and apache 2.4.23

Here is the log entry:

2017-10-02 11:55:00,242 INFO  org.dspace.usage.LoggerUsageEventListener @
anonymous:session_id=50601B9E86D5FEC0FC1173927BAF8DA6:ip_addr=1.2.3.4:view_item:handle=123456789/46

I have configured dspace so:

from dspace.cfg

#### Proxy Settings
######

# uncomment and specify both properties if proxy server
required

# proxy server for external http requests - use regular hostname without
port
number

http.proxy.host = localhost

# port number of proxy
server

http.proxy.port = 443

# If enabled, the logging and the Solr statistics system will look
for

# an X-Forwarded-For header. If it finds it, it will use this for the user
IP
address

useProxies = true

from authentication.cfg

plugin.sequence.org.dspace.authenticate.AuthenticationMethod =
org.dspace.authenticate.IPAuthentication,org.dspace.authenticate.PasswordAuthentication

from authentication-ip.cfg

authentication-ip.Hochschule_Bibliothek = 1.2.3.4