Hi Mark,

There is some additional documentation on "traditional" workflow states in
the "Functional Overview" section near the beginning of the documentation
(including a flow diagram).  But, you are correct, there is no separate
section specific to traditional workflow.

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Functional+Overview#FunctionalOverview-GettingcontentintoDSpace

- Tim

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 8:28 AM Mark H. Wood <mwoodiu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While trying to answer a question, I've spent half an hour rummaging
> through thinly-documented code and the manual, but I can't find anything
> that will tell me the meanings of the workflow states STEP_1, STEP_2, and
> STEP_3.  What did I miss?
>
> The closest I came to *any* mention of "traditional" workflow is in
>

> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Business+Logic+Layer#BusinessLogicLayer-WorkflowSystem
>
> which at least lists the states, but like everything else it is
> noncommittal on what they mean.
>
> It's hard to tell somebody which group holds the list of people with
> approve/deny permission for a given Collection if there's no description of
> any of them.
>
> --
> Mark H. Wood
> Lead Technology Analyst
>
> University Library
> Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
> 755 W. Michigan Street
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=755+W.+Michigan+Street+Indianapolis,+IN+46202+317&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Indianapolis, IN 46202
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=755+W.+Michigan+Street+Indianapolis,+IN+46202+317&entry=gmail&source=g>
> 317-274-0749 <(317)%20274-0749>
> www.ulib.iupui.edu

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org