Terry,
It doesn't matter if I do this in Javascript or xsl.  I am not sure where
to put the javascript code.
I can put in the code I sent, and it works, but I only need it to show up
the first time, and only once.  When I put it in the page-structure.xsl, it
shows up on every page. I guess I am looking for a "Startup" type page
where some initialization and housekeeping is done.

I am new to xsl, and it gives me a headache.  I am an old school assembler
language, cobol, html, and SQL developer and can't seem to wrap my head
around xsl.

I appreciate you help