Hi George, If you need to comment out an existing, default configuration, you will need to do so in the original configuration file (in this case dspace.cfg).
DSpace reads all configurations in an additive manner, so the entire DSpace configuration is essentially the combination of all (uncommented) configurations in all *.cfg files. The only special case is that if a setting is provided (uncommented) in local.cfg, that value will override any value from another *.cfg file. Another way of putting this are that all comments are ignored by the DSpace Configuration system. So, if you comment out something in local.cfg, that tells the Configuration to ignore it, and therefore the original setting (if it exists elsewhere in another *.cfg file) would be used. Depending on the configuration, it might also be possible to set the config to an empty value in your local.cfg (which would likely override the default setting with an empty string setting). But, I admit, I've not tested that extensively, so it may not work well for all configurations & commenting it out elsewhere may still be your best option. - Tim On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:05 AM George Kozak <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi... > I ran into a problem with DSpace 6.2. It was caused because I needed to > comment out something in the dspace.cfg. I did it in local.cfg, but (of > course), it ignored that comment. So, I found that I had to go into > dspace.cfg and comment out the variable assignment there. > > I know we are now supposed to make our changes in local.cfg, but what do > we do if we want to comment out something. Are we supposed to go and do > that in dspace.cfg (or any of the other config modules) or is there another > way to accomplish this? > > > -- > *************************** > George Kozak > Digital Library Specialist > Cornell University Library - IT > 218 Olin Library > Cornell University > Ithaca, NY 14853 > 607-255-8924 <(607)%20255-8924> > [email protected] > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "DSpace Technical Support" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- Tim Donohue Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
