Hello Sorin,

If you need further help, I'd recommend sending along more information to
this list about your build environment.  You said you are using Ubuntu
18.04 and DSpace 6.  But, what version of Java are you using (java
-version)? What version of Maven (mvn -v)?  What version of Ant (ant
-version)? Is this DSpace 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 or 6.3?

Oftentimes, build issues have something to do with invalid/incorrect
dependencies.  So, it's possible you are using either an unsupported
version of Maven or Java.

Take a close look at the versions of Java, Maven, etc that are listed on
the DSpace 6 installation guide:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Installing+DSpace

- Tim