Hi Euler,

Thanks for providing us with some additional clues/hints here.
Unfortunately, though, I'm not seeing the same behavior on my Windows 10
machine with Java 8 + DSpace 6.3.  For me, the batch script (dspace.bat)
works perfectly, and the DSPACE_CLASSPATH variable is unset properly.  So,
it almost seems like either there's a major difference between Windows 10
and Windows Server 2012, or maybe this is somehow caused by the fact that
you have a second partition (as I only have a single partition on my
Windows 10 machine)?

The only other idea that comes to mind is that you might have a very long
CLASSPATH environment variable.  If you look at the dspace.bat script, it
initializes DSPACE_CLASSPATH to the value of CLASSPATH, and then appends on
some DSpace specific paths.  If your system's CLASSPATH environment
variable is very long, it's possible that could also be triggering the
"input line is too long" error mentioned at
https://www.digizol.com/2006/12/input-line-is-too-long-windows-command.html

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest.  If you are able to narrow down
the issue on your end, we'd welcome bug fixes or patches (in the form of a
pull request) to the default "dspace.bat" script.  We've had this same
"dspace.bat" script for a long time, but occasionally we discover minor
bugs that require fixing. That said, I don't believe there were changes to
this script between DSpace 5.x and 6.x.

Good luck,

Tim