Hi Enes,

If you are willing to create a DSpace *group* to provide access to the
document, then you could manage this access similar to a DSpace Embargo:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Embargo#Embargo-DSpaceEmbargoFunctionality

In DSpace, an Embargo is simply provides temporary access and/or
restrictions on an entire Item or a specific file (Bitstream).  However,
those temporary access rights are only available to be set at the Group
level (not at an individual EPerson).  But, if you are willing to create a
Group for this scenario, then you could Edit the Item, and add a new
"authorization policy (also known as a "Resource Policy") (on either the
entire Item, or a single Bitstream). You'd want to define a new policy that
provides READ access to a specific Group, and add an "End Date" of one
day/week/month from now.  Once the "End Date" passes, the policy will
expire, and the access rights provided by the policy will no longer be
valid.

I hope that gives you an idea of another way to provide temporary access
rights.  Let us know on this list if you have other questions.

Tim

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 6:17 AM eneshukic via DSpace Technical Support <
dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> If a registered user is requesting a copy of large bitstream document,
> mail server will return an error message.
>

> What are the other way of distributing large documents? We can export the
> item (zip file) and place it into shared folder, but that is not the most
> efficient and secure way to do it. Can we grant a temporary user access to
> the bitstream?
>

> Regards,
>
> Enes

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org