Hi Freddy,

DSpace does not have a built-in way to *automatically* restore deleted
records.  However, if you have been performing backups, you should be able
to restore from a backup.

To avoid this sort of thing in the future, you might want to ensure you are
backing up your data.  You can either backup at the database level, or you
can use DSpace's AIP backup solution:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore   The
DSpace AIP backup solution *does* let you restore individual deleted
items...but it is NOT enabled by default (as AIP backups require extra
storage space).

DSpace also does not have a way to "reuse" an identifier by default (except
when you are restoring from a DSpace AIP backup).  However, if you recreate
the deleted Item, you could always just (manually) change the new Item's
identifier in the "handle" database table.  All Items in DSpace store their
identifiers in the "handle" column of the "handle" database table.  So, if
you are comfortable with manually modifying your database data, you can
recreate the deleted item, and then change it's "handle" column to be
"10469/8086".  However, before making any database level changes, PLEASE
BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM FIRST.  We cannot help if you accidentally delete or
change the wrong data in your database.

Depending on the version of DSpace you are using, we do have some SQL
"helper functions" that help with direct database access.
*
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Helper+SQL+functions+for+DSpace+6
*
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Helper+SQL+functions+for+DSpace+5

- Tim

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 11:44 AM Freddy Guerrero <freddygu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please can you help me with this query? We deleted a record by mistake and
> I have some questions:
>
> 1.- Can I recover a deleted record?
> 2.- The message that I have is of invalid Identifier (
> http://repositorio.flacsoandes.edu.ec/handle/10469/8086)
> 3.- If the record can not be recovered, how can I use the identifier again
> (10469/8086)?
>
> I ask you to help me with these questions.
>
> Regards
>

> El miércoles, 26 de septiembre de 2018, 21:35:08 (UTC-5), Freddy Guerrero
> escribió:
>
>> Hello with everyone
>>
>> Please can you help me with this query: How do I export an item but
>> without losing its statistics? This is because it has many downloads and
>> the author requires us to keep the statistics.
>>
>> http://67.192.84.248:8080/handle/10469/8680/statistics
>>
>> Then I need to import it to my repository
>>
>> Fred

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org