Hi Peter,

The "description.xml" file is populated automatically from your
configurations (in dspace.cfg and/or oai.cfg).  Here's the original
"description.xml" in our codebase -- notice the "${variable}" placeholders,
which are filled out (during the "ant update" step) based on your
configuration.

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace/config/crosswalks/oai/description.xml#L3

The "repositoryIdentifier" is generally a reference to the repository (i.e.
its URL) which the OAI-PMH represents.  For more information, you should
take a look at the OAI-PMH guidelines at:
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-oai-identifier.htm

I don't believe that changing this will affect DSpace in any way, but you
may want to test it to be certain.

- Tim

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:43 PM admin <ad...@ispan.waw.pl> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I meant description.xml in dspace/config/crosswalks/oai.
> If I change oai prefix in oai.cfg, do I need to change it in
> description.xml too? This description.xml file is referenced in oai.xml's
> "oai.description.file".
>
> Peter
>
> W dniu środa, 10 października 2018 15:48:50 UTC+1 użytkownik Paul Münch
> napisał:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I don't know which 'description.xml' you point to, but in
>> '[dspace]/config/modules/oai.cfg' you could customise the
>> 'oai.identifier.prefix'.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Paul Münch
>>
>> Am 10.10.2018 um 00:19 schrieb admin:
>>
> Hi,
>>
>> Can repositoryIdentifier located in description.xml be something else
>> than dspace.hostname without any consequences in linking to the item?
>>

>> Best, Peter
>> --
>>

>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
>>

>> --
>> Philipps-Universität Marburg | UB
>> Digitale Dienste | Deutschhausstraße 9
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Deutschhausstra%C3%9Fe+9&entry=gmail&source=g> |
>> D018
>> Tel. 06421/28-24624 |
>> --
>>
>> --
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org