Hi, Terry.

I'm not using DSpace in Docker (yet?), but I was doing some tests last year
and ended up getting frustrated with Maven's "download the Internet"
behavior during every rebuild in my test environment¹. I figured out how to
run another container with a local Maven artifact cache using JFrog
Artifactory and I wrote about it here:

https://mjanja.ch/2018/02/cache-maven-artifacts-with-artifactory/

In my workflow I was building a DSpace Dockerfile over and over, and you
cannot use data volumes with `docker build` so mounting the host's ~/.m2
Maven cache would not work. The same technique would work with Sonatype
Nexus as well. I hope this can be useful to someone who is using containers
in their DSpace workflow.

Cheers,

¹ By the way, when you look at the Maven output long enough you realize
that we waste a LOT of time pulling artifact POMs from the repository. Do
we really need all these? Ruby and SASS literally download like forty (40)
POM files for versions we're not even using. Each one is an HTTPS request
that has to handshake etc. Ugh!

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 1:02 AM Terry Brady <terry.br...@georgetown.edu>
wrote:

> The Oct 30 DSpace Developer Show and Tell will be an update on DSpace
> Docker Initiatives.
>
> See the agenda below for a list of new developments with the DSpace docker
> images.  If you are using Docker for DSpace development, I would love to
> add your story to the agenda.
>
>    -
>
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Dev+Show+and+Tell+-+Oct+30%2C+2018+-+1500UTC+-+DSpace+Docker+Updates
>

> --
> Terry Brady
> Applications Programmer Analyst
> Georgetown University Library Information Technology
> https://github.com/terrywbrady/info
> 425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)

Alan Orth
alan.o...@gmail.com
https://picturingjordan.com
https://englishbulgaria.net
https://mjanja.ch
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." ―Friedrich Nietzsche