Hello,

unfortunately you can't configure these behaviour. Changes have to make
inside the code.

For example take a look into the Method 'createAdministrators':
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/bd9bd233b762762d3866a653ff95fc598cc723c5/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/CollectionServiceImpl.java#L496
.

The collection ID is used to set the group's name. It's the same in
'createSubmitters' and 'createWorkflowGroup'.

Kind regards,

Paul Münch

Am 25.10.18 um 02:51 schrieb Sharon D:
> Hi.   I'm new to Dspace and have recently set up Dspace v6.3  using
> the Mirage theme (xmlui).
> When I want to edit or add a group, the system-generated name includes
> a 32-character reference and also a reference to an ID number
> eg  Group Editor: COMMUNITY_67aaab4c-810e-47a4-84e3-6ed26be36a7b_ADMIN
> (id: 25645f96-0901-486f-9855-e9c9d3691ef6)
>
> Is there some way to hide these references or to customise them to
> make them shorter?
> Or maybe i've just missed configuring something during the setup which
> is why these references are displayed this way?
> I would appreciate any help as I've looked through the dspace.cfg file
> and can only see how I can change the Handle ID reference.

Philipps-Universität Marburg | UB
Digitale Dienste | Deutschhausstraße 9 | D018
Tel. +49 06421 28-24624