Hi Evgeni,

For the DSpace 7 REST API, the web interface is that "meaningful HTML" page
(HAL Browser) that you see. This HTML page lets you form/test out the REST
API requests from a web browser.

However, if you want to see the actual JSON responses, then you should use
a tool like "wget". For example:
wget http://localhost:8080/spring-rest/api/core/communities

For what it's worth, I do see that same 500 Response error on our demo site
if I put in:
https://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/api/core/communities

However, that same URL works fine via "wget" and also works if I enter that
URL into the HAL Browser:
https://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/#https://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/api/core/communities

So, I think this 500 response might be a minor bug in our pre-DSpace 7
codebase. But, it won't affect the performance as long as you are using the
Angular UI or HAL Browser or wget.

- Tim