Hi Ashim,

Just a minor note... all these various DSpace webapps are *not required* to
run DSpace.  Many are optional, and you can choose which of them you want
to install.  The *only* required web applications in DSpace 6.x (or below)
are the Solr webapp and a User interface (either JSPUI or XMLUI, or you can
use both if you wish).   REST API, OAI-PMH, SWORD (v1 and v2) and RDF are
*all optional*.  You can choose whether you want the features they provide,
or you can choose not to install them.

For example, many sites choose to install OAI-PMH (if they want to be
harvested by OAI-PMH harvesters).  But, they may not choose to have RDF
installed, unless there's a local need to harvest/expose their DSpace data
in RDF.  Similarly, the REST API interfaces is only useful if you want a
web API to create scripts/programs against.  And, the SWORD interfaces
provide a web API that allows other systems to submit content into your
repository (if they are given access rights) via the SWORD protocol (
http://swordapp.org/).

Good luck, and let us know (on this list) if you have other questions.

Tim

--

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect