Hello Michael,

most likey you got it flagged as internal, it is the small checkbox
between support level and extensions.

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

Am 28.05.2019 um 17:22 schrieb Michael White:
Hi,

I've been trying to configure our data repository (DSpace v5.2, JSPUI) to
accept zip files as a known format, but I'm not having much luck . . .

Out of the box, this version of DSpace does not appear to have a Bitstream
Format Registry entry for zip files (?) - so, if I add a zip file to an item
currently, it works fine, but shows the File Format as Unknown (unsupported).

So I added zip to the Bitstream Format Registry:

MIME Type:        application/zip
Name:                  ZIP
Long Desc:          ZIP archive
Support Level:   Known
Extensions:         zip

But, once this in place, when I attempt to upload a zip file it doesn't appear to work -  I see is an orange
exclamation mark in the Status column of the "Files to Upload" table (as I did when the registry entry wasn't
there), but this time, if I click "Next", I'm taken straight to the  "Verify Submission" screen
(i.e. not to the "Your file was successfully uploaded" screen that shows a list of the uploaded files), and
if I go Back, the file has definitely not been added to the Item . . .

Looking in the logs, it appears to be throwing an Internal Server Error:

2019-05-28 15:07:29,393 INFO  org.dspace.content.Item @
michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk:session_id=9263544800362B95BFB69493EFAF67A3:ip_addr=139.153.200.15:update_item:item_id=125
2019-05-28 15:07:29,395 WARN  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.InternalErrorServlet
@ :session_id=9263544800362B95BFB69493EFAF67A3:internal_error:-- URL Was:
http://rdasdev.stir.ac.uk/submit
-- Method: POST
-- Parameters were:
2019-05-28 15:07:29,397 DEBUG org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager @ Running query
"SELECT * FROM MetadataValue WHERE resource_id= ? and resource_type_id = ? ORDER BY
metadata_field_id, place"  with parameters: 38,7
2019-05-28 15:07:29,398 WARN  org.dspace.app.webui.util.UIUtil @ Unable to send
email alert
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.queryTable(DatabaseManager.java:230)
        at
org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject$MetadataCache.retrieveMetadata(DSpaceObject.java:1330)
         at
org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject$MetadataCache.get(DSpaceObject.java:1265)
         at org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject.getMetadata(DSpaceObject.java:676)
         at org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject.getMetadata(DSpaceObject.java:585)
         at
org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject.getMetadataFirstValue(DSpaceObject.java:653)
         at org.dspace.eperson.EPerson.getFirstName(EPerson.java:772)
         at org.dspace.eperson.EPerson.getFullName(EPerson.java:748)
         at org.dspace.app.webui.util.UIUtil.sendAlert(UIUtil.java:419)
         at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.InternalErrorServlet.doGet(InternalErrorServlet.java:54)
         at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.InternalErrorServlet.doPost(InternalErrorServlet.java:62)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:644)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:721)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:468)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:391)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:318)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:433)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.status(StandardHostValve.java:299)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:176)
         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:610)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:537)
         at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1081)
         at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:658)
         at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11NioProtocol.java:222)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1580)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1537)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

A bit of Googling suggests others have hit this error, although under different
circumstances . . .

http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/NullPointerException-td4684440.html
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2720

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix/work round this and get our
repository to recognise zip files as Known? Or is this a known issue in v5 that
we are stuck with?

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
Senior Developer
Business Applications and Integrations

T: (01786) 466877
E: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk<mailto:michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk>
A: 4B19, Cottrell, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA

--
Claudia Juergen
Eldorado

Technische Universität Dortmund
Universitätsbibliothek
Vogelpothsweg 76
44227 Dortmund

Tel.: +49 231-755 40 43
Fax: +49 231-755 40 32
claudia.juer...@tu-dortmund.de
www.ub.tu-dortmund.de

Wichtiger Hinweis: Die Information in dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sie ist
ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der für diese
E-Mail bestimmte Adressat sein, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese Mail. Vielen Dank.
Unbeschadet der Korrespondenz per E-Mail, sind unsere Erklärungen
ausschließlich final rechtsverbindlich, wenn sie in herkömmlicher Schriftform
(mit eigenhändiger Unterschrift) oder durch Übermittlung eines solchen
Schriftstücks per Telefax erfolgen.

Important note: The information included in this e-mail is confidential. It is
solely intended for the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.
Without prejudice of e-mail correspondence, our statements are only legally
binding when they are made in the conventional written form (with personal
signature) or when such documents are sent by fax.