I am curious about this, too.  We are running DSpace 6.3 with a customized
Mirage2 theme.  I tried to rebuild it to incorporate changes to the
community-filiator command, and the build failed while trying to rebuild
the Mirage2 theme.  I added the Maven filtering to pom.xml described below
and the build was successful.  So far it seems to look and function fine.
But I am not a developer and would appreciate any assurance that the new
build is o.k.

Thanks,
Glenn