Hi Jeremy,

Yes, the Demo site of DSpace 7 ( https://dspace7-demo.atmire.com/ )  is a
very early prototype.  That said, the DSpace 7 team does not yet have an
accessibility expert or group working with us (we've attempted to find one
several times on lists, but no volunteers have stepped forward as of yet).
If this is an area of interest to you or others on this list, we would love
to find a way to work with you on reporting and resolving such issues.  The
end goal is to ensure DSpace 7 aligns with these accessibility requirements
once released. However, as you've seeing, this has proven to be challenging
so far without volunteers willing to help contribute to an accessibility
analysis. Our development team is doing our best, but we admittedly haven't
yet run our own accessibility analysis (as development is still very
active).

In any case, we welcome anyone to report accessibility issues as *bugs* in
DSpace 7.  Since these are at the UI level, the easiest way to report them
quickly would be to submit them to GitHub Issues for the "dspace-angular"
project (the new UI): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues   I
can then work to ensure they are categorized & assigned to a developer to
resolve the issues prior to our 7.0 Beta Release.  At the time of our Beta
release, we plan to also run a formal Community Testathon and ask for
institutions to perform a formal accessibility audit.  However, the more
issues we can find *before* Beta, the better off we'll be.  While some
issues may be rather trivial to resolve (especially if they are just
missing HTML tags or attributes), the earlier we get started the better off
we'll all be.

If you have any questions about how to report these issues as bugs, let me
know.  If you or others on this list would like to contribute on a more
regular basis around accessibility, I'd also be interested in talking
further about whether there's enough interest in forming a Working Group or
similar to help the DSpace 7 development team on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for reaching out, and for any bugs you are able to submit.  This is
a much appreciated contribution to the upcoming release!

Tim

--

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect