On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 12:40:04PM +0100, Paul Münch wrote:
> in our submission process we add metadata automatically. I don't think
> that the curation tasks are intended for that.

I disagree.  There is a fair amount of code in the curation system
specifically to implement attachment of curation tasks to workflows.

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC5x/Curation+System#CurationSystem-Inworkflow

> Am 25.11.19 um 12:36 schrieb Flavien M:
> > I am currently trying to configure the input form.
> > I would like that at the end of the entry of an item some fields are
> > filled automatically.
> >
> > Examples:
> > - dc.redaction.author: automatically put the name of the user who just
> > typed the item;
> > - dc.redaction.datecreation: automatically set today's date.
> >
> > If I understand correctly, in DSpace the way to reach my goal is to
> > use the curation tasks.
> >
> > I created a
> > "/dspace/modules/additions/src/main/java/org/dspace/myproject/curate/AddMetadata.java"
> > task.
> >
> > But I did not understand how to activate this task.
> >
> > Here are my questions:
> > - How to enable this task to run automatically at the end of an item?
> > - How to retrieve the name of the active user (the one who is
> > entering) in the task?
> > - How to retrieve the date of the day in the task?
> >
> > I use DSpace 5.10 and XMLUI.

How to attach a task to a workflow step:  see the link above.

How to retrieve the name of the active user:  I am not sure what user
this is.  The EPerson who submitted the item should be obtainable
using Item.getSubmitter().  The EPerson who is in the current workflow
step would, as Paul Münch said, be in the request, but that may not be
available in a task.  (If it is not, we should fix that.)

How to retrieve the date:  which date?  The date of submission
should be in the metadata field dc.date.submitted.  The current date
is of course obtainable from java.util.Date or java.util.Calendar.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library