From: dspace-tech@googlegroups.com <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
Wally Grotophorst <wally.grotopho...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 9:25 PM
To: DSpace Technical Support <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [dspace-tech] Trying to force port 80 -> 443 on Tomcat 7, Dspace 6.3

Trying to enable https on our dSpace installation.  I'm trying to do this
without putting Apache in front of our Tomcat 7 instance that serves up dSpace.

One other wrinkle:

I want to run DSpace on port 80 and 443 because I don't want port numbers in
the URLs

I have the site working as a http:// site and as an https:// site

http://mars.gmu.edu

https://mars.gmu.edu

What I can't get working is moving users who come in on http://mars.gmu.edu
over automatically to https://mars.gmu.edu.

Have tried various settings in web.xml but when I get one that DOES handle the
automatic redirection of users from port 80 to port 443, it breaks some
internal connections...such that I see my communities listed on the xmlui "home
page" but no items, no facets, etc.  Maybe that's a SOLR connection issue?  Not
sure.

Any suggestions welcomed...

Wally Grotophorst
University Libraries
George Mason University
Fairfax, Virginia

dspace-tech+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:dspace-tech+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/79cde06e-a87e-4275-a4ee-438d85c7e136%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/79cde06e-a87e-4275-a4ee-438d85c7e136%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.