Hi,

We’re (still) running 1.8 on one of our DSpace instances and after having
recently migrated from a local server to AWS we’re experiencing problems
with our Browse indexes returning zero or only a single item for certain
collections when we try to browse by title, author, issue date, creators,
subjects or type.   In other words, Browse works just fine for some
collections but returns no results for other collections; there isn't any
particular pattern.

Our system administrator has tried the usual strategies of reindexing
(index-update) and rebuilding the browse indexes with the 'index-init’
 command but these efforts have had no effect.

Although we're not seeing any error messages I'm beginning to wonder if
perhaps index-init isn’t deleting and rebuilding the indexes after all?

We’re running Postgres 11 (evidently required by our install on AWS).  I
realize this is a 'unique' setup  and while I don't think there are
compatibility issues with 'index init’ and Postgres11 maybe it's not out of
the question, or perhaps it's a permissions-related issue.

There's more testing we can do. For example, we haven’t yet tried running
index-init in stages, to first delete, then create, and finally rebuild the

We’ve checked our dspace.cfg for any inadvertent changes since the move to
AWS but everything appears consistent with the pre-existing state of the
config files.

Search indexes and Discovery facets work as usual.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl Jones