Well, I can't specifically answer your question, but I can verify that this element exists in v5.10 in the <pageMeta>!
On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 5:46 PM euler <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear All, > > I would like to reiterate my query about why there is no metadata > element="identifier" qualifier="handle" in the pageMeta of my items. I got > a response from Paul, thanks Paul but it did not address why it is missing. > I am aware that I can select metadata values from the 'dim:field' of the > item's metadata mets.xml. What I would really like to know is why it is > missing and how to make the metadata element="identifier" > qualifier="handle" appear in the pageMeta. I assumed that this is supposed > to exist because it is being referenced in the global-variables.xsl in > Mirage theme. > > Even in my local instance using the default 6.3 version without any > customizations, it is still missing. I looked for many repositories of > others to see if the element="identifier" qualifier="handle" is also > missing and I found an example here: > https://iris.paho.org/DRI/handle/10665.2/52154 although it is using the > 6.4-SNAPSHOT version. > > If anybody could shed light on this and how to resolve and what to look > for would be really appreciated. > > Thanks in advance! > Euler > > On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:46:27 PM UTC+8, euler wrote: >> >> Dear All, >> >> I wonder, if I view the DRI of an item, there is no metadata >> element="identifier" qualifier="handle" in the DRI >> or //dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata. I asked because I created a >> variable name identifier_handle in the global-variables.xsl which will be >> used by Altmetrics template in item-view.xsl. >> >> <!-- item metadata reference --> >> <xsl:variable name='identifier_doi' >> >> select='//dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element="citation_doi"]'/> >> <xsl:variable name='identifier_handle' >> >> select='//dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element="identifier" and >> @qualifier="handle"]'/> >> >> Below is a snippet of my altmetrics template where the variable >> identifier_handle is called: >> >> <xsl:choose> <!-- data-doi data-handle data-arxiv-id >> data-pmid --> >> <xsl:when test='$identifier_doi'> >> <xsl:attribute name='data-doi'><xsl:value-of >> select='$identifier_doi'/></xsl:attribute> >> </xsl:when> >> <xsl:when test='$identifier_handle'> >> <xsl:attribute name='data-handle'><xsl:value-of >> select='$identifier_handle'/></xsl:attribute> >> </xsl:when> >> </xsl:choose> >> >> Since there is no value for identifier_handle because it is missing in >> dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata, the Altmetrics badge is not shown. Altmetrics is >> shown for items with doi by the way since it is present in pageMeta. >> >> My question now is how can I make the handle appear in pageMeta and what >> file should I modify? I am using DSpace version 6.3 Mirage2. I did not edit >> any *.java files in this repository, since when I tried to look where >> pageMeta was generated, I assumed that it is generated by ItemViewer.java >> (please correct me if I'm wrong) which I did not modify. >> >> In other repositories that I am working on (with almost the exact >> customizations), the handle is there in pageMeta. >> >> Thanks in advance! >> > -- > All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the DuraSpace Code of > Conduct: https://duraspace.org/about/policies/code-of-conduct/ > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "DSpace Technical Support" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/fbc404f6-702c-492f-acd8-319e76918aff%40googlegroups.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/fbc404f6-702c-492f-acd8-319e76918aff%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> > . > -- Human wheels spin round and round While the clock keeps the pace... -- John Mellencamp ________________________________________________________________ Bill Tantzen University of Minnesota Libraries 612-626-9949 (U of M) 612-325-1777 (cell) -- All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the DuraSpace Code of Conduct: https://duraspace.org/about/policies/code-of-conduct/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace Technical Support" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/CADgrb7ETyno4PrnbPeaSvQuZ9i%3DsgZBiAZWnkSbvLPoTNsbFAg%40mail.gmail.com.
