Sorry for the duplication -- I originally sent this to dspace-community,
but I it did not generate a great deal of discussion, so I thought I would
take my chances here:

If you have a minute, I am trying to get a feel for some of the larger
(reasonable) bitstreams the community is currently supporting.  On my site,
we have removed the DSpace upload limits to allow for records containing
research data, but of course there are practical limits that dictate what
makes for a good user experience.

What is the largest bitstream you support?  Do you enforce upload limits?
Assuming download speeds are faster than upload speeds, what are some of
the methods in use (besides the DSpace gui) to get large files onto the
server?  What are some alternatives to simple DSpace upload currently
utilized -- like globus for instance?

I realize the answer to these questions will always include "it
depends...", but are these all questions you have had at your institution
and how have you dealt with them?

Thanks for any discussion you wish to contribute!
~~ Bill

--
Human wheels spin round and round
While the clock keeps the pace... -- John Mellencamp