On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 03:20:04AM -0700, Gabriella Harangi wrote:
> I've tried to start the handle server on our production server, which is a
> fresh 7.3 install, and it doesn't work, it throws the same exception as
> mentioned above. Then I've tried it on our test server, which is also a
> dspace 7.3, but upgraded from dspace 7.2. The handle server doesn't start
> there either (same exception). I've also tried it in docker with no success.
> Always got the same error:
> org/eclipse/jetty/servlet/ServletContextHandler
>
> Please, give me any suggestion, how can I fix the handle server.

It seems that the JAR which contains this class is not installed by
7.3.  That class is found in the 'jetty-servlet' artifact.  I think
that if you add 'jetty-servlet-9.4.44.v20210927.jar' to the 'lib'
directory, this problem will be fixed.  You can find it here:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-servlet/9.4.44.v20210927/jetty-servlet-9.4.44.v20210927.jar
It may already be in your local repository (~/.m2/repository).

I haven't figured out why the JAR is not installed.  I can't find it
in my development/test instances.

The 'log/handle-server.log' is probably the best place to be looking
for clues, should there be further problems.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library