Hi,

500 errors are described in our "Common Installation Issues" section
here:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-%22500ServiceUnavailable%22fromtheUserInterface

 (And see the section right after that one.)

You also may want to see our troubleshooting guide for how best to find the
full error
message:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

  Finding the full error can help you determine what is going on, and also
allows others on this list to be more easily able to help.

Tim