Hi folks,

This feels more like a "we did something weird" than a DSpace-specific
question, but we're trying to bring 7.5 up for production and recently the logs
started getting overwritten during rotation, i.e. dspace.log is chugging along
all day fine, but when we check the next day the dspace.log-2023-05-02 style
log has a smattering of entries from around the time of rotation (midnight, 1
am or so) and that's it, the previous days entries are all gone. Nothing was
changed in the log4j2 configs when this started happening, and we're trying to
roll back changes piecemeal to see what may have caused it but so far no joy.

Does anybody with more Java/Tomcat/Log4J2 experience have any pointers on "That
happened to me once..." or "that sounds like..."? Not hoping for specific
fixes, but if anybody has even seen something like this I'd be grateful because
I've also been striking out on Google.

Many thanks,

Ed Hill

Pronouns: He/Him  (pronoun statement<https://pronouns.colostate.edu/>)

Developer and Applications Administrator

(970) 491-3197

Colorado State University Libraries

[cid:9e2e11dc-9e66-4a4d-a9eb-b4446f93db59]