Please check my attempt! I have exported several items from my production
server. I attempted to import them to my test system as new items to a test
collection. These items exist elsewhere in my test system, but isn't that
okay when using -s submit mode?
My test collection handle is MHS-01376/6883. The entire command line import
was:
/opt/dspace/bin/dspace packager -s -t AIP -e ch...@xxxxx.org -p
MHS-01376/6883 /home/chrisc/export2/6563.zip . I expected a new item to be
added to MHS-01376/6883

The terminal responded with:
/opt/dspace/bin/dspace packager -s -t AIP -e ch...@xxxxx.org -p
MHS-01376/6883 /home/chrisc/export2/6563.zip
Destination parents:
Owner: MHS-01376/6883
Ingesting package located at /home/chrisc/export2/6563.zip
CREATED new DSpace ITEM [ hdl=MHS-01376/6563,
dbID=4ec3be54-d47d-4a46-bb9e-5c665c7aaba7 ]

###### NO! it used the original item handle, rather than assigning a new
one. The importer copied the archive contents to the existing
MHS-01376/6563 (in the other collection), duplicating all the metadata and
bitstreams, besides clobbering the 33 image iiif gallery.
Please comment and show me what I am doing wrong.
C. (using DSpace 7.6)