Perhaps someone knows the answer to this question or could nudge me in a
right direction?

On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 1:18:32 p.m. UTC-3 Night Librarian wrote:

Greetings!

I have DSpace 7.4 on Ubuntu 20.04.  Handle server is running fine, but
after a system reboot it doesn't come up automatically, so I have to start
it manually.  I looked at a suggestion  by Mohammad S. AlMutairi from an
older conversation and edited my  /etc/systemd/system/handle-server.service
to looks like this:

===============================
[Unit]
Description=Handle Service
After=network.target tomcat9.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/dspace/bin/start-handle-server
ExecStop=/bin/kill $MAINPID
User=tomcat
Group=tomcat

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

However, after the system reboot, handle-server still doesn't come up by
itself.  I must add that I need to add "sudo" in order to start Handle
server manually:

 sudo /dspace/bin/start-handle-server

Did I mess the handle-server.service file or is there something else I need
to do with permissions or otherwise?