Hello,

I don't know that I have a solution for you but I can confirm that we are using
LDAP special groups in our dspace 7.6 codebase and it is working properly. When
I log in via LDAP I can see at the bottom of my profile page a heading
"Authorization special groups you belong to" with our special group listed
below. Are you sure that the account you are using is an LDAP account and not a
local user account?

Regarding changing the wording for that error message. You can customize this
by editing the English internationalization file in the dspace-angular
codebase:
https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/blob/main/src/assets/i18n/en.json5#L3945.
 I think it's likely that line, but you might have to search around a bit to
find the exact text you want to change.

All the best,
-Adam

---

Adam Doan | Analyst, Digital Strategy & Technology

McLaughlin Library | University of Guelph
50 Stone Road E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 52974 | do...@uoguelph.ca<mailto:do...@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca<https://www.uoguelph.ca>,
www.lib.uoguelph.ca<https://www.lib.uoguelph.ca>

[1500656725244_uofg_cornerstone_improve_life.png]