Finally got the Media Viewer to work.

=> As it stood, for some reason I do not know, config.prod.yml was being
ignored and therefore media viewer on the UI was not activated even when I
set the media viewer to true in the config.prod.yml:

mediaViewer:
  image: true
  video: true

=> I had to modify the default-app-config.ts  so as to set the media Viewer
to true and after rebuilding the UI, voila, the media viewer displays and
now works fine!

Glad I finally got it work after so many Months...….Still do not why
config.prod.yml is being ignored in my production version of Dspace 7.6
(Kind of weird, since I setup a VM with Dspace 7.6 installed and the media
viewer worked seamlessly after modification of config.prod.yml)

Hope this helps someone out there with a similar pain in the neck!