Hi Lewatle,

In DSpace 7, all items will be forced through the Workflow process as long
as the Collection has a Workflow enabled.  If the Collection does *not*
have a Workflow enabled, then the Items will become immediately available
in the system.   This works whether you submit the Item via the User
Interface or the REST API (after all, the REST API is how the User
Interface submits Items as well).

To enable a Workflow at the Collection level, you need to set one or more
of the workflow "roles" (Editors, Final Editors or Reviewers) on the
Collection Edit
pages:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Edit+Collection#EditCollection-AssignRoles

  To disable the Workfow, you'd delete these roles if they already exist.

Tim