Hello,

I'm following the Dspace wiki page DspaceOnStandardPorts and
ServletSecurity to run Dspace on Tomcat only. I've set up iptables to
route port 80 to 8080 and 443 to 8443, then set the Tomcat
redirectPort to 443 instead of 8443, so I don't get the 8443 port
number such as https://laii-dspace.unm.edu:8443 at the browser address
bar, but then when I click the DSpace logo from a secured page such as

https://laii-dspace.unm.edu/password-login

all the following pages are through https regardless of which the page
is, which bothers me.

But when I tried to click the dspace logo from the mit dspace page

https://dspace.mit.edu/password-login

the request to the https://dspace.mit.edu/ seems to be rerouted to
http://dspace.mit.edu/. So what's the trick?

Thanks,