On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 11:19 +0200, luis jose miralls wrote:
> Hello,
> First thing I have to say is that i am from Murcia (Spain) so my
> English is not good.

Don't worry - I'm from England, and neither is mine! (and the less said
about my Spanish the better ;-)

> -         If I want to use DSpace to develop three or four
> repositories with different URL but from the same University. Can I do
> that with one License or I need three or four?
>

> -         If I just want to make proves. Do I need to have the
> license?

So, you are asking about the license to install and use DSpace software,
rather than licenses that may be applied to the content that you store
in it?

DSpace is issued under a BSD license, so you are free to download and
install it - even customise it - as many times as you want. You don't
need to ask permission to do so, although you do have 'accept' the terms
of the license when you do - so no giving the code to others claiming it
to be your own, or taking the code to use in a different application
without proper acknowledgement.

But other than that, go ahead and create as many repositories as you
like. There are other concerns that affect the content that you place
inside your repositories, but that is an entirely different question.

Graham Triggs
Technical Architect
Open Repository

Tel:   +44 (0)20 7631 9942