Hi Pan,

> I'd like to customize DSpace by replacing the texts
> "DSpace TM  About DSpace Software" on the upper
> left and "DSpace Software Copyright ..." down below
> by the texts describing my institution and my project.
> Could someone please show me where in the html/java
> code under which directories that I can make these
> changes?

These values are held in
[dspace-src]/config/language-packs/Messages.properties

So you can change values such as:

jsp.layout.footer-default.text = <a target="_blank"
href="http://www.dspace.org/";>DSpace Software</a>
Copyright&nbsp;&copy;&nbsp;2002-2006&nbsp;<a target="_blank"
href="http://web.mit.edu/";>MIT</a>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<a target="_blank"
href="http://www.hp.com/";>Hewlett-Packard</a>

jsp.layout.footer-default.feedback = Feedback

Once you have changed this file, you will need to recompile and redeploy
DSpace.

I hope this helps,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We            Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860