Hi Arunima,

There is no "other" place. For the registration email the dspace.url of
dspace.cfg is used, see:

org.dspace. eperson.AccountManager

    private static void sendEmail(String email, boolean isRegister,
TableRow rd)
             throws MessagingException, IOException
     {
         String base = ConfigurationManager.getProperty("dspace.url");

here the dspace.url gets picked up.

How did you enable the change?
It seems as if the wrong (old) dspace.cfg got picked up.
Did you run ant init_configs and restarted your servlet container.

Claudia