From: Christian Voelker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:11 AM
To: Poulter, Dale
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Diacritic problem in 1.4.2

Hello,

Am 14.08.2007 um 01:58 schrieb Poulter, Dale:
> I am wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with diacritics
> in 1.4.2. I have upgraded test instance from 1.3.x to 1.4.2 and
> searching for some diacritics no longer work.
No, but I did not try so far. Used a fresh install for testing.
> An example is  Mutsûra,  it works in the older version but after
> the upgrade a search on Mutsûra is translated to Mutsûra and
> fails.  Any help will be appreciated.
Did you rebuild the index? This is the only thing a can think of.

Did you change anything else along your way? Client locale setting,
a new browser, tomcat or postgres? You probably created a new db
and imported the data if you are testing. Run psql  and run \l
to see encoding of the db to make sure this is not the reason
(I doubt it is). I am off for some days, please post back to list.

Bye, Christian