Sorry, I have realized that the query that doesn't work is :

SELECT COUNT(*) AS num FROM item WHERE in_archive = 1 AND withdrawn = 0  AND
item_id IN ( SELECT item_id FROM metadatavalue WHERE metadata_field_id = (
SELECT metadata_field_id  FROM metadatafieldregistry  WHERE element = 'date'
  AND qualifier = 'accessioned')  AND TO_TIMESTAMP( TO_CHAR(text_value),
'yyyy-mm-dd"T"hh24:mi:ss"Z"' ) > TO_DATE('2007-09-01', 'yyyy-MM-dd')  AND
TO_TIMESTAMP( TO_CHAR(text_value), 'yyyy-mm-dd"T"hh24:mi:ss"Z"' ) <
TO_DATE('2007-10-21', 'yyyy-MM-dd') )  AND item_id IN ( SELECT item_id FROM
metadatavalue WHERE text_value LIKE '%Thesis or Dissertation%' AND
metadata_field_id = ( SELECT metadata_field_id  FROM metadatafieldregistry
WHERE element = 'type'  AND qualifier IS NULL) )

This query gives me error in dspace and in my sql+ worksheet.

Sorry and thank yoy very much,
Andrea Garrido