Hi Sue,

pg_hba.conf only controls who can communicate with Postgres, not who can
communicate with DSpace.

Normally it is only 'applications' (e.g. DSpace) that talk to Postgres,
not users.

A user talks to DSpace, who in turn talks to Postgres. Postgres has no
idea or interest in the IP address of the user who is using DSpace, only
that of the DSpace application.

Therefore adding malicious IP address into that config file will sadly
have no effect. You have to block users higher in the stack, either at
the application level (apache or tomcat directives), or at the network
level (firewall changes).

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860