> ./dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -a -e [EMAIL PROTECTED] -c
> collectionID -s items_dir -m mapfile

collection id refers to handle number of a collection, for example 2455/21.
Items_dir is the directory where you have you XML metadata you want to
import is located. Mapfile is a sort of a log file created by importer, you
can specify the name for it.

Try something like:

/dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -a -e [EMAIL PROTECTED] -c
2455/21 -s ./metadata_files/ -m mapfile.map