Shane Beers wrote:
> One of the individuals who deposits documents into our IR is
> continuining to have issues with the Creative Commons portion of the
> process. When the individual clicks on the "proceed" link, the iFrame
> goes blank and the page remains static. Only by skipping the creative
> commons process with the "Skip" button is the user able to get to the
> normal license. The user is using a PC, and we have tried both Firefox
> and IE.

Hi Shane,

The CC iframe has been a source of problems before:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1644932&group_id=19984&atid=119984

it's quite an ugly way of handling the creative commons license as well.

Thankfully, there is a better solution - a web service API:

http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/
and
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Creative_Commons_Web_Services

also,
http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html

unfortunately, it's not been implemented as part of DSpace as yet.
If anyone has the time to take a stab at this, I would be very keen to
see this take the place of the existing integration.

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com