2? Try 20 instances on a single Tomcat!

Anyway - according to your specific questions:

1) Tomcat configurations - in a 'standard' installation, you don't need
to change the Tomcat config much (apart from adding the UTF-8
encoding)... as long as your instances are modelled in that fashion,
then there are no changes to Tomcat required to host multiple instances.

2) Postgres - the easiest way to host multiple instances is to add a
database and user within your Postgres instances. That way all the data
is separate. You may need to change the DatabaseManager, so that it
passes the database (schema/user) name in the JDBC call that gets the
metadata for a table - although 1.5 incorporates this, and you only need
to add a "db.schema" line to your dspace.cfg.

3) Each instance will (need to) have it's own 'installation', and
therefore it's own config. There is nothing special about those
dspace.cfg files, but you will need to ensure that each has the correct
dspace.dir and postgres login information, etc. for that instance.

A little more critically, you will need to ensure that the web.xml in
your DSpace web applications refers to the correct location for the
dspace.cfg file for each instance.

Jeffrey Trimble wrote:
> I know this has been done before and I've ignore those references, but
> does someone have a
> brief set of directions to add additional instances of Dspace?
> Specifically:
>
> 1. Tomcat configurations
>
> 2.  Postgresql  database
>
> 3.  Dspace config