Hi...

This is a follow up on my problem (at Cornell) with DSpace after we
migrated from v. 1.3.2 to v. 1.4.2.  The problem was that if someone
on the "My DSpace" Home page clicked on "Start a New Submission", it
could take several minutes for the first Submit page to appear.

What fixed my problem was upgrading from PostGreSQL 7.2.3 to
PostGreSQL 8.3.  Our problem immediately went away.

So, if anyone is having performance problems after the upgrade to
1.4.2, I'd suggest upgrading PostGreSQL.

George Kozak
Coordinator
Web Development and Management
Digital Media Group