I'm confused.  I thought we had to have tcpip_socket = true on our
postgresql.conf file in PostgreSQL 8.2/DSpace 1.4.2, but when I put it
in there and try and start postmaster, it gives me an error about
invalid parameter "tcpip_socket".  Do I need this or not?  We are
running Sun's webserver 7 - Solaris 10 instead of Tomcat.  When I take
it out, my website won't come up - my webserver is running, postmaster
is running, but I'm not getting any messages in dspace.log,
postgres.log, or the webserver logs.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton

ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
</></>Integrated Library Systems Application Administrator/DBA

130 Research Drive

Hampton, VA  23666

Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001