We are planning to centralize all DSpace instances used in our
University into one server. Eventually a total of 5-6 individual DSpace
instances would end up running on the same platform, either on
virtualized OS's or simply distributed on different ports.

What I'd be interested in, is to learn the your experiences on the issue
and acquire the following info from other members of the community:

1)      How many instances of DSpace does your institution run and
        what kind of hardware (CPU, memory, disk space & OS) are they
        running on?

2)      How many items are stored in your repository?

3)      Have you experienced any performance issues with your
        repositories using the hardware described above?

You can reply directly to me by e-mail at mika.stenberg(at)helsinki.fi.
If other parties are interested on summary, I will be happy to provide it.

Thanks for the input,

Mika Stenberg
University of Helsinki
Finland